Coastlink call for papers
Submissions are now being invited for the Coastlink conference which will be held at the Grand Harbour Hotel, Southampton on 12 & 13 June 2019.
Co-located with Seawork, the Coastlink pan-European network was established in 2004 as the place for industry professionals to meet and discuss geopolitics, innovation, economic and environmental considerations for mutual benefit.
Coastlink 2019 will focus on the latest developments and future of short sea and feeder container shipping and how they form part of a competitive supply chain. Topics to be covered on ‘The future for short sea shipping’ programme include:
- Economic factors impacting on the maritime sector
- Maritime Emissions and Mandatory Energy Efficiency Measures
- Legislative constraints / moves to regulate ports / port concessions
- Port priorities for container movement
- The status of the feeder operator in Europe – today and tomorrow’s priorities
- European port capacity versus demand
- Emerging markets within Europe for sector expansion
- Technology application – minimise disruption and maximise opportunity
Abstracts of approximately 250 words should be submitted to email@example.com by 18 January 2019 and include a synopsis of 50 words together with a speaker biography.
Coastlink aims to maximise the utilisation and potential of shipping networks, achieving an environmentally friendly modal shift to shipping, encouraging more services linking ports in European waters and developing collaboration between shippers, ports, shipping lines and freight organisations.
For further information contact the Events team on +44 1329 825335 email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the event on Twitter @coastlinkconf